As a family or a friend of an inmate, you are able to send them JPay credits. With the credits, the inmate can buy something. What are the things that can be bought by the inmates using JPay Credits? Let’s find out about it below.
Things to Buy with JPay Credits
With JPay credits, an inmate or offender can buy these things:
- A JPay player
- Print outs of pictures and statements
- Renting Movies
- and many more as long as it is available in their facility.
Music can be bought by the inmate and they can put it in their JPay tablet so that they are able to listen to the music. Stamps can be used by the inmate to send message to their family and friends.
JPay player is another thing that can be bought by the inmate using JPay credit. What is it? And, how to buy a JPay player? You are able to read about it below.
How to Buy a JPay Player
JPay player is an electronic item which permits inmate or offender to be able to download songs and listen to them in their spare time. In JPay player, they are also allowed to play games and listen to FM radio. A JPay player can be bough by the inmate using their JPay credits or the family or friends of the inmate can buy it for the inmate.
Below, we have the guide about how to buy a JPay player.
- First, you have to access JPay website.
- Then, in the home page of the JPay, you have to look at the Navigation menu and then click on Music.
- On the Music menu, the thing that you have to do is to click on Buy JPay Player.
- Then, on the Buy JPay Player page, you need to click on the drop down list box to Select Player. And then, click on the Continue.
- In this step, you have to choose the payment method that you want to use by choosing a previously saved card from the Select Card list. Alternatively, you are able to click on the Use a New Credit/ Debit Card if you choose to use a new card. If you choose this one, you will be prompted to add billing information for the new card. But if do not choose it, you can click Continue.
- When you are in the Payment Verification box, you have to click on the text, Terms of Service to read them. After that, you have to choose the checkbox which acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms of service. And then, do not forget to click on the Continue button.
Then, JPay will start to process your order soon. They will deliver the player in an estimated 45 business days. However, you need to note that the timeframe may be different based on the availability and facility schedules.
How to Send JPay Credits
If you send a JPay credits to an inmate, it means that you fund the media account of them. Then, the inmate can use JPay credit that they have to buy stamps, music, JPay player, print outs of pictures and statements and many more based on the availability at their facility.
Do you want to send JPay credits to an inmate but you do not know how to do that? Below, we have the steps to send JPay credits that you are able to follow. Here they are.
- The first thing that you have to do to send JPay credits to an inmate is to access the home page of JPay website.
- Then, you have to look at the Navigation menu and then click on the Music.
- After that, on the Music menu, you are able to click Send JPay Credits and then click on the Continue.
- Now, you have to choose the payment method that you want to use. You can do that by choosing a previously saved card from the Select Card list or you are able to click on the Use a New Credit/ Debit Card if you want to use a new card. If you choose the saved card, you can click on Continue.
- Then, in the Enter Amount field, you need to enter the amount of money that you want to send to the inmate or offender. After that, you have to click on the Continue.
- In this step, you will be in the Payment Verification box. The thing that you have to do here is to make sure that the information is correct. Then, you can click on the Payments Terms of Service to read Payments Terms of Service. After reading it, you can click the check box which acknowledge you that you agree to the terms of service. Then, you can click on the Continue button.
The Universal Features of JPay Tablets
JPay tablet is one of the things that can be bought by inmate using JPay credit. What are the features of JPay tablets? You are able to read in the list below.
- Inmates can place a phone call.
- Inmates can send and receive emails, eCards and VideoGrams.
- Inmates can advance their education with course material, podcasts and eBooks.
- Inmates can access and buy games, play music, and rent movies.
- Inmates can read daily news.
What kind of tables are there? The models of the tables are listed below.
- JP6S Tablet. It has some features such as:
– The screen is 7″ touchscreen.
– It has better resolution.
– It has thinner hardware.
– It has 3x battery life, 500 cycle.
– The storage is 32 GB.
- JP5S Tablet. The screen is 7″ touchscreen and the storage is 32GB.
- JP5S Mini. The screen is 4.3″ touchscreen and the storage is 15 GB.
The models of tablets can include some accessories such as screen protector, earbuds depending on the availability of the facility. If you want to see the available models of tablets and application services, you can log into your JPay account. With JPay tablet, you can give the inmate an easier access to advance their education and entertainment.