Do you want to send money to an inmate through JPay? If so, you need to know several things related to sending money in JPay. One of them is about whether or not JPay tell the inmate who sent the money.
Whether or Not JPay Tells the Inmate Who Sent the Money?
According to the explanation on the official website of JPay, in most states, the inmate will get a notification as to who sent the money. However, in some states, this information may not be available. If your inmate is incarcerated in a facility which has a JPay Email service, you are able to send him or her an email to notify him or her that you just sent him or her money. So, the inmate will know who just sent them money.
Can We Send Money Using Cash?
You are able to send money or make a payment to an inmate using cash. You are able to do that by visiting any MoneyGram location. You can ask the representative for instructions on how to be able to send money to an inmate or make a payment through JPay. For your information, JPay lobby kiosks also accept cash.
Then, will we get a receipt if we send money using cash? Yes, you will get a receipt of your transaction if you send money using cash.
How to Send Money in JPay?
Send Money is one of JPay services that allows you to be able to transfer money to an inmate into the inmate account. This service also permits parolees, offenders and probationers to make their community corrections payments. This service is available in more than 30 states across the country.
If you want to send money to an inmate through JPay, you have to open an account first with JPay website. If you have registered, then you have to click on the Money tab. You have to choose the inmate that you want to send money to and then choose the card that you want to charge and then confirm your information. If you do not want to do this alone, then you are able to get help from the live agent of JPay. You can call the live agent to do the process. For your information, the fees for sending money online are lower than over the phone. So, if you do not want to get charged higher, you can choose to send money online.
If you want to send money or make a payment by phone, you are able to call 1 800 574 JPay (5729).
In the guide below, you are able to see the steps to make online payments in JPay.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access your JPay account. Then, when you are on the JPay home page, exactly on the Navigation menu, you have to click on Send Money.
- When you are on the Send Money page, the thing that you have to do is to do one of these things:
– In the Transfer Category list, you have to choose a transfer category and then click on Continue.
– Alternatively, if there is no Transfer Category available, you can click on Continue.
- In this step, you have to choose your payment method by choosing a previously saved card from the Select Card list. Or, you can click on the Use a New Credit/ Debit Card if you want to use a new card. Note that if you use a new card, you will be directed to add billing information.
- Now, you will see the Enter Amount field. Here, the thing that you have to do is to enter the amount of money that you want to send to the inmate or offender. After that, click on the Continue button.
- When you are in the Payment Verification box, you have to make sure that the information is right. If you have made sure of it, then you can click on Submit.
Sending Money Through MoneyGram
If you choose to send money in cash, you can do that by using MoneyGram. There are a lot of MoneyGram locations nationwide. In some places such as Walmart, 7-11, and CVS Pharmacy, usually they provide MoneyGram services.
If you want to send cash to an inmate using MoneyGram, you will need the correctional ID number and the last name of the inmate and also the name of the facility and receive code.
Sending Money Order
For some states, you are allowed to send money to an inmate or offender using money order service of JPay. If you want to use this service, you have to make sure that the coupon that you download corresponds to the state where you will be sending the money order.
Here are the things that you need to send a money order.
- You need a cashier’s check or money order.
- You need the JPay money order coupon for the state where you will send the money order.
You have to make sure to send the cashier check or money order along with the JPay coupon to the proper address which corresponds to the facility where your inmate is.
It is important for you to note that in Indiana, you need to be on the inmate’s approved visitor list if you want your money order accepted.
Other Things to Know About Sending Money
You may wonder whether you are able to send money to more than one inmate. Well, depending on the state, it varies. To know the information about it, you are able to visit the website of the appropriate DOC for clarification on their money transfer policies and regulations.
Do you want to know how to check on the status of your payment? You are able to log on to your JPay account and then see the status of your transaction anytime by clicking on the Send Money and then on Transfer History the statues will be seen to the right of the transaction.
Can we cancel a transaction? You can do that by finding the transaction that you want to cancel in Transaction History and then you must click on Cancel. If there is no Cancel button, it means that the money has been sent and you cannot cancel it.