When you do a video visit, it is possible to face some problems. One of the problems is that JPay video visit is not working. If it happens, what should we do? Here, we have the troubleshooting video sessions that you can follow if the JPay video visit is not working.
Troubleshooting JPay Video Visit If It is Not Working
If you try to connect to a video session, the Video Connect system will make sure that your audio and video devices are connected and configured properly. If then you find that there is an error message which states that your microphone and camera were not detected, the thing that you have to do is to make sure that the devices are securely plugged into your computer. After that, you have to try to test your equipment again.
When you test again, it will tell you whether your equipment is set up improperly or is not in good working order. If the test shows that your setup is fine and you are able to see moving images and also hear audio in the testing frame, now you are able to try to connect to your video session again.
What to do if the video is not working for your video session? If this thing happens to you, the thing that you are able to do is to check to see that your camera is connected.
What if the audio is not working for your video session? If so, you are able to do one of the methods below.
- You are able to try to check to see that your audio system is not muted.
- You are able to check to see that your speakers are connected.
- If you are using a headset, you need to check to see that it is connected.
Have you checked and tried all of these troubleshooting? If you have tried any methods to be able to fix the problem related to the Video Visit, but it cannot fix the issue, the last way that you are able to do is to call JPay customer service at this number (800) 574-5729.
How to Test Your Webcam
In the method above, it is said that you have to try to test your webcam. Testing your webcam is even needed before you join a JPay Video Connect. How to test our webcam? You are able to follow the steps below.
- On the home page of JPay, on the Navigation menu, you have to select JPay Video Connect.
- When you are on the JPay Video Connect menu, you need to select on the System Check.
- To begin your system check, now you have to select on the select Here link that can be found on the System Check page.
- Then, on the Securus Technologies Precall Test page, you have to select on Start.
- You have to allow necessary permissions to be able to test Microphone and Camera if the system is asking for it.
- If you have completed all tests, all components will show as PASSED. If so, it means that you completed the System Check successfully. However, if then you find that anything as FAILED, it means that you have to troubleshoot that piece and test again.
How to Join a Video Session in JPay
If you want to join a video session in JPay, you cannot do it anytime as you want. You can do a video session at the appointed time. If this is your first time doing a video visit, below we have the guide to join a video session.
- The first thing that you have to do is to select on the Video Connect on the navigation menu on the home page of JPay.
- After that, you have to select on Start Video Session Now on the Video Session page. You can see these words in the video session box of the session that you want to join.
- Then, you will see that there is a banner which appears briefly when the video client begins. Then, you will be able to see the video image of your camera in a small window.
- In this step, when the inmate joins, there will be a bigger video window which will appear. It shows the video feed which comes from the device at the facility. Then, your session will start when both of you are connected.
It is important for you to know that if you want to quit the call early, you can select on Quit. However, you will be charged for the full 30 minute call, so it is better for you to use the 30 minute of your session effectively.
How to Schedule a Video Connect in JPay
After you communicate with your inmate about the time and date for the video connect, you are able to schedule it through JPay. Then, the inmate will get a notification with the date and time of video visit/ video connect.
To schedule a video connect/ video visit in JPay, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to select on JPay Video Connect on the home page of JPay on the Navigation menu.
- There will be a Choose Date box. There, you have to choose the day for your JPay Video Connect and then do not forget to select on the Continue.
- In this step, you will see the Choose Time list. Here, you have to choose the time for your JPay Video Connect and then select on Continue. After that, select on the Continue again.
- Now, you have to select the payment method. You can do that by choosing a previously saved card from the Selected Card list or you are able to select on the Use A New Credit/ Debit Card if you want to use a new card. After that, you must select on Continue.
- There will be a Payment Verification box. There, you have to make sure that the information is correct and then you must select on Continue. Now, your JPay Video Connect is added to your calendar and you can see it on the JPay Video Connect page.