JPay is one of the most popular services when it comes to getting in touch with inmates who are behind the bar. It is such a good one but it is definitely not perfect. There are a lot of issues that have been experienced by the customers. One of the most popular issues is a declined payment.
When you make a payment for something on JPay, you want for it to be successful. However, something might not go as you wished. Your payment might be declined for some unknown reasons and you are left behind without getting notified why.
Are you here because your payment through JPay was declined? If the answer to the question is yes, fortunately, you are in the right place. This post will talk about the possible reasons why a payment on JPay is being declined. Aside from giving you the possible reasons, you will also be guided what to do when you are in such a situation.
The reasons why your JPay payment declined
There are a few different reasons that make your JPay payment decline. Among them includes the financial institution or the credit card company has not yet transferred the funds. The transferring funds might be delayed due to some activities, such as reaching the limit of the maximum transaction, blocking your account as the result of suspicious activity, and transferring a certain larger amount than usual.
The second possibility might be the existence of a glitch in the communication between JPay and the financial institution that leads to the payment decline. In this case, the system will keep trying to send the funds every few hours. Take a note to not retry and resent the second amount until the first one has been successfully accepted.
Another possible reason for why your JPay payment was declined is the correctional facility. The institution might need some time to process the payments and post it to the account owned by the inmate.
Actually, there might be some other reasons besides the ones that have been mentioned above. It is possible for everyone to have different reasons.
The thing that should be done when your JPay payment was decline
When your JPay payment is being declined, please do not be panic as there is always a way to Rome. It might not look simple but it is something that can be resolved if you make some efforts. The first thing that you will need to do if your JPay payment is declined is to check the status of the payment. There is a feature that makes it possible for you to do that. Here is step by step to check the status of your JPay payment:
- First of all, launch the browser and go to the official website of JPay at jpay.com. Apart from the website, you are also able to open the JPay app on your mobile if you want.
- Once it opens, log in to JPay by using your own account.
- When you are logged, find the Send Money tab and then click it.
- After that, click the Transaction History. By doing so, the status of the transaction will show up right next to it. In case your payment status is declined, the only thing that you can do is to reach out the JPay customer support.
There are a few ways that you can try to contact the JPay customer support. The first and the easiest way to dispute the decline payment is by call. JPay provides a customer support line that is available for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so feel free to call the line whenever you want. Even though it is available for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, you are recommended to call at 2:15 PM as it is the best time to call them. With it, you can call and make a complaint about the payment that they declined. The number to dial is 800-574-5729.
The second option that you can try is sending an email. The email is able to be sent directly from the official website of Jpay. Here are the steps to send one:
- Firstly, head over to the official website of JPay.
- When you are there, you will have to log in to your account.
- The next thing that should be done is to scroll down to the bottom of the page and find Contact Us, which is located below the JPay.com tab.
- On the left side of the contact page, there is Email Us. Please click it and the inquiry form will be shown.
- In this step, you will have to fill your name, your email address, and your phone number.
- Then, choose Billing, Payments and Account. If you have no idea, this one is able to be found under subject.
- It is important to explain the issue that you are currently facing clearly in the message column. When you are done typing the message, do not forget to click the Submit button so that the email will be sent.
Another way besides these two above is to send them a letter or a mail. Compared to the first two, sending a mail is unconventional and slow but you can try it as it can be quite effective. In the context, make sure to include as much information about the payment. The mail should be sent to JPay mailing address: JPay LLC 10981 Marks Way Miramar, FL 33025.
In addition to everything, you actually can find the communities or forums related to JPay. In these kinds of places, people who share the same interest and needs usually gather. These places are usually free to access but if you want to make a discussion, you will be required to create an account. When you are there, you can ask the members about anything that you want to know, including about the reasons for a declined Jpay payment and the method to fix it.