Before joining a video visit through JPay Video Connect Service, you firstly need to schedule it. When you schedule for a video session with your loved one in prison, make sure to choose the date and day according to the agreement between you and him/her.
After deciding the date and time, you can then schedule it through JPay. Sure, an inmate will get notification with the date and time of the JPay Video Connect. Then, how to schedule a video visit through JPay Video Connect service? Thankfully, this post will guide you step-by-step about JPat Video Connect.
Scheduling a JPay Video Connect, Here’s How!
When you schedule for a video session, make sure you have chosen the correct inmate for the service you want. To choose an inmate you want, you can select them on the JPay Home Page. If you want to schedule a video session, follow the ways below!
- Firstly, you should click on JPay Video Connect option on the Navigation menu on the JPay homepage.
- Then click on Schedule New JPay Video Connect.
- If you agree with terms and use of JPay Video Connect, you can continue by clicking on Continue button.
- you should choose the day for your JPay Video Connect and click on Continue in the Choose Date box,
- After choosing the day, you can choose the time for the video session. Then, click on Continue.
- You also have to choose your payment method by choosing a previously saved card from the Select card list or alternatively you can click on Use a new credit/debit card if you want to use a new card. Then, you will be required to add your new card billing information.
- Once you fill in any information for your new card, you can click on Continue button.
- ensure your new card information is correct and then click on Continue button again in the Payment Verification box,
- Last, your JPay Video Connect will be added to your calendar and can be viewed on the JPay video Connect Page.
That’s it! You already schedule for a video session through JPay Video Connect Service.
How if you want to change the time for a JPay Video Connect?
The good news, you totally can edit the date, day and time for JPay Video Connect if necessary. To change it, you can click on the Edit button in the JPay Video Connect box you want to change. Then, you will be guided through the process of scheduling a JPay Video Connect session.
How if you want to delete a JPay Video Connect time?
If you want to delete your JPay Video Connect time that you have scheduled, you can click on Delete in the JPay Video Connect box on the JPay Video Connect page. A pop-window will appear, you can then click on the OK button.
Starting a JPay Video Session
After there is an agreement between you and your loved one in prison to start the video session and you have also scheduled it, at the time you have determined, get ready to start a video session. Sure, an inmate will get notification with the date and time of the JPay Video Connect.
Here’s how to join a video session through JPay Video Connect Service!
- Click on Video Connect on the navigation menu on the JPay home page.
- On the Video Sessions page, you should click on Start Video Session Now! option in the video session box of the session to start a video visit.
- Then, a banner will show briefly as the video client will start up. Afterwards, you’ll see your camera’s video image in a small window.
- After an inmate joins, a larger video window will appear to show the video feed which comes from the device at the facility. Sure, your video session will begin when both of you are connected.
If you want to end your video sessions, you can quit early by clicking on the Quit button. You should also pay for the full 30-minute call charge. If you want to extend your video calls, you can click on the Extend Call option. Joining a video session is pretty easy, isn’t it?
Is It Necessary to Test Your Microphone and WebCam?
Of course, you totally need to test your microphone and camera before starting a JPay Video session. We recommend you to test your microphone and camera before you schedule your video session. However, it’s such a useless Video session if you do not check your microphone and camera before.
So, how to check your microphone and camera? Please, follow some steps below!
- On the navigation menu located on the JPay homepage, you should click on JPay Video Connect option.
- Afterwards, click on System Check option.
- You have to click on the ‘click here’ link on the System Check page to start checking your system.
- Then, click on the Start button located on the Securus Technologies Precall Test page.
- Here, you need to allow necessary permissions to check Microphone and Camera if the system is asking for it.
- If all components test show as PASSED, it means you successfully complete the System Check. While if anything shows as FAILED, meaning you can repeat the step and solve the problem.
Some Issues You May Face for a JPay Video Connect
You probably encounter some issues during your video sessions including:
- Devices aren’t detected
The Video Connect system will ensure your audio and video devices are properly connected and configured when you are connected to a video session. If your devices are not detected, make sure it is properly plugged into your computer and try testing your equipment again.
- No video available
If the video is not available, you can try to check to see that your camera is connected.
- No audio available
If an audio is not available, you can check to see whether your microphone is connected or not. Then, you can also check your audio system whether it’s muted or not.
If your video session issues are still not solved, you can try to make a call to JPay customer service at (800) 574-5729.