You may find that your JPay account is blocked. Then, you are curious why it can happen to you. Do you make any mistakes? So, what are the reasons your JPay account is blocked? Let’s find the answer to this question here.
The Reasons of Why Your JPay Account is Blocked
There are some reasons why your JPay account is blocked. The most common reason is if a chargeback was filed for either a Bank Card transaction, money order payment or personal check which was sent to JPay for processing, and later it is determined that the customer who is responsible for the transaction filed a chargeback with their issuing bank or put stop payment on either personal check or money order after JPay has processed the transaction and the funds have been sent. It means that your account and also the JPay account of the inmate who got the funds will be blocked from future Bank Card transactions. It is done until JPay is changed and the chargeback is settled or the problem is solved.
Let’s say that the inmate account has been blocked because of a chargeback which is associated with a bank card transaction which prevents the inmate from getting electronic forms of money transfer. Then, they may be able to continue to get money orders or MoneyGram payments. The customer who is responsible for filing a chargeback will not be able to deliver Bank Card transactions until the chargeback is solved. However, they may be able to deliver money order or money gram payments as an alternative.
But, if the inmate account has been blocked because of a chargeback which is related to a money order or personal check, the inmate account will be blocked from receiving all future bank card transactions. Nevertheless, the inmate may still continue to receive money orders or MoneyGram payments.
If the customer who is responsible for the money order chargeback tries to deliver a money order payment to that particular inmate in the future, that money order payment will be used to solve any outstanding chargeback which was previously filed by the customer. For more information about it, you are able to send an email to emailSupport@JPay.com.
Can We Block an Inmate on JPay?
According to the Office of Legislative Corrections Ombudsman, there are some rules of using JPay and this information is loaded in council.legislature.mi.gov. It is written that MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) staff is able to block a sender from sending electronic messages to inmates if the sender has sent messages that violate the policy of MDOC repeatedly. Also, the staff of MDOC is able to block an inmate from getting electronic messages from a specific sender if the messages have been sent in violation of the policy of MDOC repeatedly.
The notification of the block will be delivered to the sender or inmate as appropriate, in a reasonable time after the block has been placed. After a block, the inmate and the sender are still able to correspond through mail. If the sender wants, they may be able to appeal the block to the Warden.
So, it seems that the ability to block an inmate or sender may depend on the rule of the department of corrections, agency or facility where the inmate is placed. For more information, you are able to contact the JPay customer support.
How to Register and Create JPay Account
Talking about the JPay account, we will explain to you how to register on JPay and create a JPay account. This is the thing that you should know if you want to use JPay services.
How to register on JPay
- First, you have to access the homepage of the JPay website. There, in the Select State box, you have to type the state where your inmate resides.
- Then, in the Enter Inmate ID # box, you have to enter the inmate ID for your friend or relative, and then select on Next.
- When you are on the Search Results page, you have to select on the inmate that you want.
- You have to enter your information on the Registration page. After that, select on the text, Payments Terms of Service to read them. You have to choose the checkbox which acknowledges you have read and agree to Payments Terms of Service.
- At last, select on Register.
It is important for you to know that the email address and password that you enter must be remembered because you will use it to login to the website. Also, you have to note that the password that you enter during registration must be 8 to 16 characters long. They only have to contain lower or upper case letters, numbers and special characters.
After you register, now you have to create a user account. So, you will be able to send money and enjoy the other services of JPay. How to create a user account on JPay? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access JPay home page. There, you have to select on My Account.
- On the My Profile page, you need to fill in the information and then select on Save.
Do you want to add a phone number? The phone number that you enter on your My Profile page can be found in the Main Phone Number field on the Add Phone Number page. If you want to use the Advance Connect feature, you have to register your phone number first.
To add a phone number, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, on the JPay home page, on the Navigation menu, the thing that you have to do is to select on My Account.
- Then, on the My Account menu, you have to select on the Add Phone Number.
- In this step, you have to enter a new phone number in the Enter Phone Number field. After that, do not forget to select on Add.
- After that, the system will ask whether you want to check if this number is registered with the phone provider. You have to select on No. The phone number is added to the Existing Phone Number list.