When you are loading your JPay app on your smartphone or tablet, you may get a pop-up window that your JPay app should be updated. Sure, what you should do is to update it as soon as possible. If not, you totally cannot load and use the JPay app. Then, you cannot get in touch with your loved one in prison.
If you already don’t know how to update a JPay app on your smartphone or tablet, don’t worry, this post will give you a guide on how to update a JPay app on your device. Let’s see our guide below!
Updating JPay App on iPhone
Generally, your apps on iPhone and iPad will be automatically updated by default. However, if something wrong happens, you can also update an app manually. So, here’s how to update the JPay app on iPhone!
- Firstly, you need to open the App Store.
- Then, tap your profile icon which is located at the top of the screen.
- Here, you need to scroll to see pending updates and release notes.
- As you want to update the JPay app, you should tap on the Update button beside JPay app. If you want to update all apps, you can tap the Update All button.
Those are the ways that you can follow to update the JPay app on iPhone.
Updating JPay App on Android
Just like on iPhone, your Android apps commonly will be updated automatically by default, but you can also update the apps manually. If you want to update JPay app on Android manually, you can follow some ways below!
- Firstly, go to Google Play Store app on your Android.
- Once you’re there, you need to tap the ‘three lines’ icon to open My apps & games menu.
- Then, apps with an update available will be labeled as Update.
- Here, you can look for a specific app.
- As you want to update the JPay app, you can click on it and tap Update to continue updating this app.
That’s it! You successfully update the JPay app on your Android.
How If You Cannot Update JPay App on Your Device?
Recently, many JPay users complained that they cannot load JPay app, then JPay informs that they should update JPay app, unfortunately JPay app cannot be updated. Of course, JPay app which cannot be used makes the users upset as they cannot contact their loved one in prison even sadder, an inmate’s family cannot send money.
As we got the information from some forums, the most influential issue with the JPay app cannot be updated because too many bugs which are not fixed in a timely manner by the app’s maintenance team. Moreover, bugs here can also be caused by the large number of people accessing the JPay app, especially since the launch of the JPay tablet.
Sure, the JPay app which cannot be updated really influence what the users cannot do within the apps, including:
- Cannot login to the JPay app
- Don’t get notifications on the app,
- Failure to send and receive an email and also upload videos
- An inability to load the funds.
Is There a Way to Fix JPay App Bugs?
Even though the solutions that we’ll explain below are not necessarily successful, however, trying to fix it by doing some ways as we got from some forums is not totally wrong for you. So, here are some ways that may help you to solve your JPay problems:
- Restart your smartphone or tablet
The first way that you can try is to turn off your tablet and smartphone and turn it back on. You may already know that after updating the Android or iOS operating system there are often problems with the App Store. It’s possible that the connection with the login data for individual stores will no longer function safely after being updated.
By restarting your smartphone or tablet, it will reload all settings and functions and, if necessary, re-establish the connection to the App Store.
- Clear cache and data
If you use Android to open the JPay app, clearing the cache and also removing the data in the Play Store can be a great way for you. However, this way will restart the app completely and the issues may be solved. To clear Android’s cache, you can do some following steps:
- Open the Settings on Android.
- Then, tap on the Apps & Notifications option and then click View all apps.
- You also need to scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
- Click on the Memory Empty cache
- Tap on Clear data .
You can now open the Play Store and try to download the JPay app again.
- Reinstall JPay App
If the issue on JPay app update is not still resolved, you can try to reinstall your JPay app. Sure, uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone can be a pretty helpful solution. However, this method can be used if there is a disruption in the JPay apps as there are too many bugs in the outdated version of the app.
As you know, reinstalling the JPay app allows you to download the latest version with the removal of previous annoyances. Keep in mind to always read the terms and conditions before doing this to ensure you won’t lose any important data in the process.
- Contact JPay Customer Service
If the solutions above cannot solve your problem, the final solution that you can do is by contacting the JPay customer service. To contact customer service of JPay, there are three options that you can choose including by sending an email and mail and making a call.
- Sending an email: If you want to send an email to JPay, you can directly send it from the JPay site. You can try to send an email to JPay customer service to Pressinquiries@jpay.com.
- Making a call: Aside from sending email, you can also make calls to JPay customer service support at (800) 574-JPAY (5729). JPay customer service is available for 24 hours, so you can complain about JPay not working anytime. To note, 24 hours customer service support may not apply to the inmate due to conditions.
- Sending a mail: If you think that the JPay team responds to your problem slowly, you can also try to send them a mail addressed to JPay LLC, 10981 Marks Way, Miramar, FL 33025.