JPay is a company which provides services for you who want to stay connected to an inmate. One of the services of this company is sending money through Money Order. If we send money through Money Order, where to send it? Let’s find out the information about it and the other things related to sending money in JPay.
Sending Money Via Money Order of JPay
If you want to send a Money Order to your inmate through JPay, you will have to mail it to JPay, PO Box 260177, Pembroke Pines, FL 33026. So, if you have heard about this address, it is used for JPay users to send Money Order.
How to send a money order in JPay? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to complete the Money Order Deposit Slip by typing or printing in blue or black ink.
- You have to make the money order payable to JPay. To do that, you have to include the name and ID of the inmate on the ‘memo’ or ‘used for’ line. It is recommended for you to use US Postal Money Orders.
- In this step, you have to put the money order and the deposit slip in an envelope.
- Now, you have to mail it to JPay, PO Box 260177, Pembroke Pines, FL 33026.
It is important for you to know that money orders can take days to mail and process. So, if you want to send the money faster, you are able to choose the other ways.
The Things to Know About JPay Money Order
When you fill the form, you have to fill all the fields. Also, information that you fill must be legible to avoid a delay in processing money order. You have to make sure that you do not include any letters or notes with your payment because it will be discarded. Another thing that you should note is that you have to make sure that the name and the ID of your inmate that you enter to the Money Order Deposit Form is correct. In addition, money orders will not be processed if there is no valid email and mailing address.
For your information, there is no fee for sending money through money orders. The approved money orders will be processed in ten business days following receipt by JPay. If you want to send money via Money Orders, you do not need a JPay account. If JPay gets a money order and there is a problem with the deposit, the thing that JPay will do is to mail the money order and deposit slip back to the address which is available on the deposit slip. For more information about completing Money Order form, you are able to call 800-574-5729.
The Things to Fill in the Money Order Deposit Slip
When you fill the fields of the Money Order Deposit Slip, you have to make sure that you enter the right information. Here are the things that you have to fill in the Money Order Deposit Slip.
- Money Order Amount
- Inmate’s ID Number
- Your Date of Birth
- The Full Name of Inmate
- Your Email
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your Address
- Your City
- Your Phone Number
- Your State
- Your ZIP
On the top left of the slip, you can see that the maximum amount of money that you can send is $999.99. So, you are not allowed to send money more than that amount.
The Other Ways to Send Money in JPay
As explained earlier that sending money via Money Order can take days to mail and process. So, if you want your money to be sent soon to the inmate, there are other ways that you can use it for sending money in JPay.
- Sending Money through Online Payments
You are able to send money to your inmate via online payment that can be done on the JPay website. Here are the ways to do that.
- First, you have to access the home page of JPay. On the Navigation menu, you have to click on Send Money.
- When you are on the Send Money page, you have to do one of these things. In the Transfer Category list, you have to choose a transfer category and then click on Continue. Or, if there is no Transfer Category, you can click on Continue.
- Now, you have to select your payment method by choosing a previously saved card from the Select Card list or you are able to click on Use a New Credit/ Debit card if you want to use a new card. If you choose the last option, you will be prompted to add billing information for the new card.
- When you are in the Enter Amount field, you have to enter the amount of money that you want to send to the inmate or offender. Then, don’t forget to click on Continue.
- In the Payment Verification box, you have to make sure that the information that you give is correct and then click on Submit.
- Sending Money Through Phone
Another way to send money to an inmate in JPay is through a phone that you can call at 1-800-574-5729.
- Sending Money through MoneyGram
You are able to send cash by using MoneyGram. MoneyGram can be found in some places such as 7-11, Walmart and CVS Pharmacy. If you want to send money to an inmate via JPay by using MoneyGram, you need the correctional ID number of the inmate, the last name of the inmate, and the facility name or receive code. Where do we find the receive codes? The receive codes can be found on the MoneyGram page of JPay website.
JPay offers some methods to send money to an inmate. These options are available for you to choose so that you are able to choose which method which is more convenient for you. With JPay, you can stay connected to your inmate easily. Besides sending money, JPay also has other services such as video visitation, sending email, sending videograms and buying JPay tablets.