JPay offers a number of services that you are able to use for keeping in touch with your inmate. However, there may be a time where you need to talk to someone in JPay because you need an explanation about the service that you want to use. So, here, we will inform you how to talk to customer service in JPay. Also, we will inform you how to speak to an inmate at JPay.
How to Speak to a Customer Service at JPay
The existence of customer service is important. They will be very helpful if we face some problems when we use the services of the company. If now you want to try to use one of JPay services, but you find some troubles, then you are able to ask the problem that you face to the customer service of JPay. You can also call them not only for fixing the issue, but if you have some questions about JPay services and you need more information about it, you can call them as well.
To call the customer support of JPay, you can call them to (800) 574-JPAY (5729). They are ready to help you for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is important for you to know that the transactions which are conducted with the help of a live agent will be subject to a higher fee.
If you prefer send a letter than calling, you can send your mail to the JPay mailing address at:
10981 Marks Way
Miramar, FL 33025
If you want to send an email, you can send it to Pressinquiries@jpay.com
How to Speak to an Inmate at JPay
Now, JPay has a service which allows you to be able to call your inmate via phone. The name of the service is JPay Prepaid Phone Time. However, this service is only available in certain states. When you log in you cannot see a Phone Time option, it means that your inmates are not able to receive JPay Prepaid Phone Time.
With this service, JPay will know where an inmate is housed at all times. Even if an inmate is moved between housing units or between facilities, the JPay Prepaid Phone Time System will know it.
By this phone time service, you are able to help an offender to make phone calls to you or anyone on their call list. The Friends and Family AdvanceConnect (Prepaid Phone Time) account permits the offender to be able to call you.
If you want your inmate to use this service, you have to send funds to their AdvanceConnect account. To be able to send funds to their AdvanceConnect account, you have to register your phone number. You are able to register your phone number by calling (877) 800-5729. Your number will be registered by a Correctional Billing Service agent and you will be provided with your pass code. The pass code is needed to fund the AdvanceConnect account of an offender.
How to Fund Phone Time in JPay
You are able to fund the phone time account by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access the JPay website.
- After you log in and you are on the JPay home page now, on the Navigation menu, you have to click on Phone Time.
- After that, in the Add Funds to Phone Account box, you have to click on the Buy Phone Time.
- When you are on the Phone Account page, exactly in the Choose Offender list, you have to choose the offender that you want to fund.
- You have to choose your payment method. You can do that by choosing a previously saved card from the Select Card list or you are able to click on the Use a New Credit/ Debit Card if you want to use a new card.
- In the Enter Amount field, you have to enter the amount of money that you want to send to the offender. After that, you can click on Continue.
- Now, in the Payment Verification box, you have to make sure that the information that you give is correct and then click on Submit.
Talking to an Inmate in JPay via Video Connect
Another way to talk to an inmate directly is via Video Connect or Video Visitation. If you want to use this service, you have to make a schedule first. Make sure that the date and time for doing a video visitation is set after you communicate with your inmate/ offender. Here are the ways to schedule a JPay Video Connect.
- First, on the JPay home page, on the Navigation menu, you have to click on JPay Video Connect. After that, click on the Schedule New JPay Video Connect.
- On the Schedule JPay Video Connect page, you have to click the JPay Video Connect Terms or Use link to read them. After reading it, then click on Continue.
- In the Choose Date box, you have to choose the day for your JPay Video Connect and then click on Continue.
- In the Choose Time list, you must choose the time for your video visitation and then click on Continue. Click on Continue again.
- Now, you must choose your payment method by choosing a previously saved card from the Select Card list or you can click on Use a New Credit/ Debit Card to use a new card. Then, click on Continue.
- In the Payment Verification box, you must make sure the information is right and then click on Continue.
On the day of the video session, you and the inmate will join the video session at the appointed time. Here are the ways to join a video session.
- First, you have to click on the Video Connect on the navigation menu on the JPay home page.
- On the Video Sessions page, click on Start Video Session Now in the video session box of the session that you want to join.
- There will be a banner which appears as the video client starts up. You will see the video image of your camera in a small window.
- When the inmate joins, a bigger video window will appear. It shows the video feed which comes from the device at the facility. When you both are connected, your session will start.